Digital Soundtracks

Old Soundtracks

Series

Author Topic: Happy 13th anniversary to SMC!  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Alistair

• Keeping SMC musical
  • Administrator
  • Composer
  • Sierra music rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Sierra Music Central
Happy 13th anniversary to SMC!
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:28 PM »
Hey folks,

Well, technically it was yesterday, but I was starting a new job, so I was too tired to come on and post. Actually, I'm still exhausted, so I'll probably add more to this on Saturday. I just wanted to let everyone know that things are moving along. Although I was unemployed for longer than I wanted to be, I didn't have to sell much equipment, and most importantly not the Roland Integra-7, which will make for exciting listening for many of you soon, I hope.

I will try to post some rough solo samples of the Integra's quality later this week, to give an idea of what it can sound like. Of course, it will be Sierra based. :)
On the Integra, I have got roughly 50% through listening to the stock samples (which it has ~6000 of). Once I have listened to them all, and categorized them, I will be working on the SMC Sierra Music project I started back in late 2014. It will be finished, and will be SMC's next released project, I want to show off the Integra. No dates yet for obvious reasons. ;)

So, my regards, and thanks for helping me be here for 13 years. Special thanks to Bountice (Stephane), SMC's current webmaster, web hoster and co-forum administrator. He has helped me keep the website going, as (unfortunately) pretty much the only surviving Sierra music website. Without him I would just be a guy posting occasional MP3's on people's websites/Facebook, and probably do most recording for myself. Please thank him if you appreciate this :)
I will try to keep my end of the bargain up and ensure there's some new content this year, which I have discussed previously.

Thanks for helping keep the music alive!
- Alistair and Stephane
Sierra Music Central
Keeping Sierra's music alive, because the fans want it.

"I'm currently listening to your music. You're good! <grin>"- Al Lowe

My name is Spike and I am a Warrior- what kind of Hero are you?
The School for Heroes

Offline Goatmeal

• Composer
  • "Hard workin' space dude" -- SQ5
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 13th anniversary to SMC!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 01:29:48 PM »
Congratulations on 'lucky' Anniversary #13, your new job, and the prospect of more great Sierra Music!

~Goatmeal

Offline Alistair

• Keeping SMC musical
  • Administrator
  • Composer
  • Sierra music rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Sierra Music Central
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »
Thanks Gary. :) I'll try to upload the demos later, maybe you can have a listen and reply back.
Sierra Music Central
Keeping Sierra's music alive, because the fans want it.

"I'm currently listening to your music. You're good! <grin>"- Al Lowe

My name is Spike and I am a Warrior- what kind of Hero are you?
The School for Heroes

Offline Goatmeal

• Composer
  • "Hard workin' space dude" -- SQ5
    • View Profile
Happy 14th anniversary to SMC!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 05:17:45 AM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear we can make new topics anymore, so I'm thread-jacking the 13th Anniversary thread to wish Sierra Music Central a happy 14th Anniversary!

For the people interested in Sierra music (and music from other non-Sierra games), it remains a valuable resource and repository.

~Goatmeal

Offline Ronaldost

• Roland Synth
  • Sierra music rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 11:33:17 PM »
It has a detailed well-suited for people who do not read and understand it.